Saturday, May 5, 2007

May 5th Happy Cinco de Mayo

Well for a change it is actually a gorgeous day in Puyallup, I am going to take the day off from bead making and plant some flowers. Then off to a Cinqo de Mayo party at my friends...with Mexican potluck. Enjoy your day.

FYI

"It's commonly thought that Cinco de Mayo ("The fifth of May" in Spanish) is Mexico's Independence Day, but the day actually commemorates the Battle of Puebla. On May 5, 1861, Mexican forces led by General Ignacio Zaragoza conquered the French occupation forces near the city of Puebla. It's this victory that's celebrated every May 5 throughout Mexico and the U.S, while Mexico's Independence Day is celebrated September 16."

4 comments:

pso Design said...

Happy Cinco de Mayo, Amanda! Your blog looks great and thanks for the history lesson :) Pam

Amanda said...

Thanks so much Pam for stopping by...this blog thing is too cool. I just totally cheated for my party and I have ordered food to bring from a Mexican resteraunt..LOL..I am going to put it in casserole dishes and VOILA!!!

pso Design said...

Lol...I'm sure they'll love the food and won't even know :) Have a great time! I added you to my blog, too. Thanks!

Amanda said...

Thanks so much..this blog linking is pretty cool.

Amanda