Thursday, March 27, 2008

Featured Etsy Seller Laura Linkmeyer of LJ JEWELRY DESIGNS.

Well I thought I would give this a shot...I am always finding such awesome etsy stores, and I have such wonderful customers, I thought this would be a great way to give back!!

My very first feature is an interview with a super talented designer... Laura Linkmeyer. I happen to own many of her earrings and she also happens to be a wonderful customer.

Hope you enjoy and I hope to make this a bi-monthly project!!!


Q: How would you describe yourself?

A: Caring, Funny, Creative and according to my kids “OCD” on how clean the house is!!


Q: How long have you been selling on etsy...do you have more than one store?

A: About 9 fun months, I have another shop for de-stashing my obsession.


Q: Are you a fulltime crafter or do you have another job that pays the bills?

A: I am a full time now and I pay ‘selected bills’ (thank goodness), and a full time working hubby who pays the remainder.


Q: What other hobbies do you enjoy?

A: Sewing, Painting and small wood work.


Q: What are your favorite types of jewelry/crafts to make?

A: Earrings, Beaded Earrings and Earrings using elements that look and feel organic or grown.

Q: How much time to you spend making your crafts/jewelry a week/day/month (whatever applies)?.

A: I try to work everyday for at least a couple of hours, I probably have 100 pairs of completed earrings that need to have photos taken and listed!

Q: Do you remember the first thing you made.....or can you tell us what inspired you to be the crafter you are today?

A: The first jewelry item I made was a pair of earrings for my daughter, then her friends wanted some and it went from there. That was about 9 years ago.



Q: Do you take custom orders and how would someone go about making a request?

A: Yes I do, people can reach me at my etsy shop LJJEWELRY DESIGNS or my eBay store.

Q: If you could improve or change anything about etsy what would it be?

A: I really like etsy’s feel, but I would probably make the ‘search’ features easier to use.

Q: How do you promote your etsy store?

A: That is a constant challenge, to know how to promote the store. I have mention on my eBay page, handout and send out business cards, but I am always looking for advice on other ways to go about this.




Thanks so much for taking the time to talk to me Laura, and you have a gorgeous store...you know how much I LOVE your work and thank for all you do.

Take a minute to check out Laura's beautiful work here.

8 comments:

DECA Candle and Bath said...

What a great feature!

Those earrings are amazing!!

Wonderfully Sew Knit said...

Great feature!

Amanda said...

Thanks so much...she is so clever!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy Esther said...

Wow! Love the starfish earrings!!

Anonymous said...

I love her idea of making jewelry that looks like it was organically grown. Her work has such a beautiful natural feel.

Unknown said...

wonderful feature!~